Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Random questions for Terry.

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Katchoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2000
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hi Terry,
    got a few questions for ya'; just cuz'.

    What are you listening to at the moment? Do you have a favorite band?

    Reading anything good?

    Do you think the Euro is a good idea (a bit of European soicio-political banter there...)?

    Are you EVER coming to Britain?

    'The Hoobs'- Sounds like a sucessful kids TV show, or a rare venerial disease?


    ------------------
    The maverick heroine of STP land, avenger against those who would kick off with pretty women;
    Hero to some, just another pretty face to others.
    The cutest little lesbian.
    THE Lesbian.


    ...Without love, we are never more than Strangers In Paradise.

    "Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane
    mittam. Utinam barbari spatium proprium tuum invadant!"
    (I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head. May barbarians invade your personal space!)

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Terry Moore's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 6th, 1999
    Posts
    111
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Why do you ask me stuff? You know I'm very opinionated and always offend somebody. With great reluctance to open my mouth, here I go...

    What are you listening to at the moment? Do you have a favorite band?

    TM: No favorite band now. Everybody sounds alike to me now except Ozzie and Sade. I like them. I like Chopin's nocturnes. Lately I've been listening to a lot of Miles Davis. Music is lyrical math. As you get older or just musically inundated, you require more than the basics to keep you engaged. So much of today's music is performance oriented, producer-made, simple formulas tried and true for young ears. That's not for me. I require originality, counterpoint and relationship, not stylish attitude to a dance beat.

    Reading anything good?

    TM: yes! I always have several reads going at once. Currently I'm reading Einstein's Universe by Nigel Calder, Demolition Angel by Robert Crais (unrealistic female characters but swift reading style), The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen (pretentious and indulgent, a Salierian attempt at literature that stands out during a famine period of great minds), Flatterland by Ian Stewart (the follow-up to Abbott's Flatland), Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner, and Bridget Jone's Diary by Helen Fielding, a Nero Wolfe mystery (I can't recall the title, the one where his daughter shows up at a nearby fencing and dance school), and the new Norman Rockwell biography (looking very grim so far- poor, tortured bastard).

    As you can see, I like mysteries, physics and people books. When I wade through some of this lot I want to begin studying mathmetical relationships as applied to physics.

    Do you think the Euro is a good idea (a bit of European soicio-political banter there...)?

    TM: I guess I see the necessity, but I mourn the tide of global regionalism at the cost of unique cultures. When I travel through Europe now so much of it feels the same to me; the charming array of cultures is disappearing at an alarming rate. I think the Americanization of Europe is a real syndrome and I don't think it's a good thing. But part of it's your own fault, you guys let Michael Jackson into Germany and Madonna into England, and Britney Spears and... and you KNEW they were the worst we had to offer! But you let em in anyway. May God help you now.

    Are you EVER coming to Britain?

    TM: Yes. I'd like to establish a chain of McDonalds and Super K-Marts on every corner that specialize in Madonna, B. Spears and M. Jackson products. Lots of neon. And American Accent Help Centers throughout Britain offering intense courses on how to lose your accent and speak like an American. No, no... don't thank me. Just loosen your university standards to allow 2.0 GPA applications so we can get our kids into Oxford and we'll call it even.

    I'm being sarcastic, of course. I love Europe, most Americans do. We love what makes Britain unique, Belgium different from France, Germany different from Austria, etc, etc. America is a big, powerful force, but I would hope none of us really want to see our ways forced on every culture we come in contact with. If we weren't so loud and busy I think we'd benefit greatly from listening to other nations more. The world does not need another Roman Empire. I wish we'd stop building one.

    'The Hoobs'- Sounds like a sucessful kids TV show, or a rare venerial disease?

    TM: More like a petname for the royal pair.


    ------------------

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Katchoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2000
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ahhh, a man after my own heart.

    I bet you wish more people would just 'ask you stuff', cuz you sure like talking about it.

    Yeah, the music scene bites, at present. I keep writing songs, knowing that they'll probably never reach the ears of the masses. However, there is hope in my generation.

    I like physics books. I've been trying to finish A Brief History of Time for ages, but I always manage to evade picking up the damn thing to read it.
    Quantum physics is fun, cuz' it's all made up and can't be right or wrong. biggrin

    Yes, Europe is mercilessly becoming Americanized. I actually come from Buffalo, NY (stop laughing!), so I notice all those subtle, yet destructive, little changes every day. WalMart bought our biggest chain of supermarkets not so long ago.
    Fortunately, it made the prices go down. But, it still feels a bit bastardised.

    LMAO!!! I like your idea for The Hoobs!
    One is very f**king amused.

    Hey, thanks for taking some time out to anwer those posers. What exactly do you do all day, anyhow? I mean, besides writing & illustrating & answering silly 17 year old fanatics' dumbass questions?

    My dad lays down and takes naps, then charges clients for the time he spends 'thinking' ( he's a freelance copywriter). Is that a fair summation of the day?
    It's a rare talent to be able to make a living from those careers. I'd be proud of it. wink
    biggrin

    ------------------
    The maverick heroine of STP land, avenger against those who would kick off with pretty women;
    Hero to some, just another pretty face to others.
    The cutest little lesbian.
    THE Lesbian.


    ...Without love, we are never more than Strangers In Paradise.

    "Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane
    mittam. Utinam barbari spatium proprium tuum invadant!"
    (I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head. May barbarians invade your personal space!)

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 5Cats's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 1999
    Posts
    883
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    **does the happy dance**
    Hooray! Not one, but TWO other people who read physics for fun! I thought I was the only one! Alone in the universe, drifting...

    Ahem. Back again! Either of you read any Marshall McLuhan? Not a physics writer per se, but a modern day genius nonetheless! Try McLuhan For Beginners (W. Terrence Gordon) published by Writers and Readers (they call it a Documentary Comic Book) 1997. Or just grab any of his books!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member NecroFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 8th, 1999
    Posts
    48
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    5cats, you should know that i read physics for fun too - i used to be an aspiring astro-physics major, but then theatre got in the way.

    and i even *gasp* do math problems for fun - when i have time.

    you just have to meet the right geeks. wink

    ------------------
    "i don't drink water - fish have sex in it" -oscar wilde

    "timepieces don't keep time. they just keep up with it, if they're able." -dava sobel

  6. #6
    Inactive Member 5Cats's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 1999
    Posts
    883
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Oh, I'd forgotten about that Necro *blushes*
    Did I mention my brain resembles swiss cheese?
    And of course the absent Geek Girl was a major math nut! smile

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Katchoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2000
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Unlike you nerdy little lovelies, I don't read into physics that much.
    I like to skim the tomes of quantum physics, cuz it's all hypothetical and stuff.
    I like ambiguity.
    biggrin
    it suits me

    ------------------
    The maverick heroine of STP land, avenger against those who would kick off with pretty women;
    Hero to some, just another pretty face to others.
    The cutest little lesbian.
    THE Lesbian.


    ...Without love, we are never more than Strangers In Paradise.

    "Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane
    mittam. Utinam barbari spatium proprium tuum invadant!"
    (I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head. May barbarians invade your personal space!)

  8. #8
    Inactive Member NStryker's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2001
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    heh, i've done my fair share of delving into the mysterious world of the quantum, but feel much more at home in the biological sciences. smile

    perhaps i can shed a bit more light on what Mr Moore does all day without him getting in trouble: draws, draws, draws, pretends to draw so Robyn will be happy, runs for his daily Coke at Antone's, and stresses over his children's ambitions. wink hehe. leave anything out?

    ------------------
    The official honorary son of Terry Moore.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member 5Cats's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 1999
    Posts
    883
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    His frequent catnaps?
    His spending endless hours looking at shiney things?
    His being pestered by a real-life Pixie named Kixie?
    His lunch of the aforementioned Coke and a Blue Cheese and Onion sandwich on rye?

    Other than that... biggrin

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Anaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    86
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well I'm not much for physics but one of my lovers is a total nut for physics and math and does math for fun(I'm much more into anthropology and humanities) and I finially got him into SIP by leaving the first book out where he would find it. After it staring at him for a week he finally picked it up and read it... in one sitting... and read the five TPB I have in the next five days. He won't read the comics however, so I need to get more TPB's so he will finish the saeries.
    Hey Terry! If you want I'd love to recomend a few songs to you(I like to collect songs in MP3 on either MusicMatch or WinAmp, and I tend to like individual songs by different groups for drawing music) and I have a question for you too... what kind of music do you like to listen to while drawing? I like a lot of classical/soundtrack type music, techno, and funky things in other languages(stuff in english is distracting)
    Music you might like is...
    "Ma vie en rose"~Zazie(from the sundance film of same name)
    "Halcyon on and on"~Orbital(techno, but pretty, not grinding and annoying)
    "Plastic bag theme"~Thomas Newman(from the American Beauty soundtrack, very beautiful piano)
    "A Rose"~American Beauty soundtrack(short but lovely)
    "The Battle"~The Gladiator soundtrack(very powerful, reminds me of favorite Classical)
    "Touched"~Vast
    and almost anything by Moby! wink
    Just a bit of what I'm listening to, keep it up Terry!

    ------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •